Sunday, November 22, 2009

Thanksgiving Recipe

My mom makes the best sweet potato casserole ever. It's not your traditional kind, its full of sugar and butter and its so yummy. I made it for the first time tonight for our church's Thanksgiving service. I was so happy when it turned out good, you never know when you make it yourself. Here it is right after it came out of the oven:

This dish is a tradition in my family. Me and my brothers always look forward to the sweet potato casserole. I thought I would share the recipe since it's such a big deal in my family.

3 cups mashed sweet potatoes (I use the canned)
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup milk
2 eggs
1/4 cup melted butter

Mix all together and pour into greased pan.

For the topping:
1 cup chopped pecan nuts (this is optional, I don't put the nuts on top, but some like them)
1/3 cup self-rising flour
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup melted butter

Mix together and sprinkle on top.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Enjoy!


No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS