Tuesday, January 7, 2014

5 things

Well it's my first post of 2014!

 Not much has been going on around here but I thought I would update anyway. 

1. We've been settling into our new house. We've been here almost a month and I'm almost done unpacking. I've been opening up boxes that we packed up in June, so it's kinda like Christmas again. I totally forgot about lots of pictures that we owned so I am figuring out what to do with all of them. It's been so much fun to have a house to design again!
Chloe's favorite part of the new house is the washing machine. The door is right at her level and she LOVES to watch it. 

2. Driveway update: I'm not sure if you remember back in my Christmas post I mentioned a clogged toilet? Well it turns out that problem came from when the cable company accidentally cut our sewer pipe underneath our driveway. The plumbing company had to destroy our driveway to get to the pipe to fix it.
Luckily the builder took care of everything, especially the bill. But they had to resod our front lawn and power wash everything as well, but they were so nice about it.  Even though it was frustrating, I'm so thankful it's fixed now. 

3. Chloe got sick this past Sunday. She had a fever until today and a cough and runny nose. She is normally not the best sleeper but she really hasn't been sleeping well recently. I feel so bad for her.
We've been snuggling on the couch a lot. It's been sooo cold here. Today the high is 17! We are both getting cabin fever, but there's no way we are going out!

4. So I signed up for winter half training! I'm beyond excited. It's actually kinda funny because when I started training for the half I wasn't sure how I would like it. I was used to training for a marathon and after loving that so much I didn't know how the half would be, but I loved it. I still felt challenged and I loved the shorter training season. The running community here in Winston has been such a blessing in my life. I've made such good friends. The fall training program was such a step out of my comfort zone, but I grew not only as a runner but as a person as well. The race is in Raleigh and I'm excited for a race in my new home state.

5. The church that we've gotten involved in officially launches January 19th. We are apart of the launch team and up until now we've been preparing to officially launch. I'm excited about what it will become.

That's about all I have for now. Hope you are staying warm!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I love reading your updates! And seeing pictures of adorable Chloe! :) Also, I kind of want her sweater from the first photo, haha! :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS