Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Mom's Famous Caesar Salad

I recently realized that I have never shared my mom's famous caesar salad recipe! Growing up this was a staple in my house. And still to this day when my mom has us over for dinner, she always has to make this salad, it's so good.

Mom's Famous Caesar Salad:
serves 6 (but me and hubby will eat the whole thing by ourselves!)

1/3 cup olive oil
2 tbs lemon juice
3-4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
dash of salt and pepper
mix and let sit 1 hr (if I don't have time I just let it sit as long as possible to let the flavors mix well)
add:
1/4 tsp dry mustard (I prefer Coleman's)
1 tsp worcestshire sauce
stir with fork, add torn pieces of romaine lettuce
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
croutons (I prefer garlic and onion)
toss well until coated
Okay, so here is the part that freaks some people out. Add one raw beaten egg. This never bothered me, I grew up eating this salad, so it was just normal. But I promise, if you mix the salad well it tastes really good. Just try it!
You can add some more parmesan cheese to the top, serve immediately and enjoy!!

2 comments:

Courtney K. said...

Ahhhh! You are my hero! Caesar Salad is my FAVORITE! The husband doesn't eat salad at all, but I'll giving this a shot to have all for myself. :-)

laughwithusblog said...

Oh this looks so good! Thank you so much for sharing the recipe!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS