Monday, December 30, 2013

Birthday Weekend

Things have finally slowed down from my birthday weekend so I thought I should recap!
I got to sleep in that morning, which is always a treat. We went to one of my favorite restaurants for lunch that day, fourth street filling station. Tried to get a good family photo. That morning Clarke asked if I wanted to go buy a Garmin, which I had been debating if I really needed or not, but I decided to go get one. Of course I got the pink one and I love it! My mom came into town later that afternoon and I got to open up some more presents. She stayed with Chloe that night and we were off for a really fun evening.
We went to dinner at Fratellis, which was really good. It's an Italian steakhouse, two of my favorites. We spent the night at The Graylyn which is only about 10 minutes from our house. We were going to go away but we were still recovering from moving so decided just to stay in town. This place was so nice, I'm glad we did.
Took these pictures the next morning while we were exploring. 
They had a gingerbread house of the estate, it was so cute. The whole place was decorated so pretty for Christmas.
Friday morning we ate breakfast there. They had a buffet with so many yummy things! Since our checkout time wasn't until noon we went back to our room to take a nap, I know so exciting, but it was great! I loved staying at the Graylyn, and it was fun exploring something new in our city. 

Later that afternoon Clarke watched Chloe while my mom and I painted our family room. It only took us 4 hours, I was happy, and I loved how it turned out. (Pictures coming soon but I used Revere Pewter  after seeing it on young house love, it's the perfect gray)

Saturday I went for a run with some of my teammates at Salem Lake, and I got to use my new Garmin. Still figuring it out but I love it. My mom and I headed to Ikea in Charlotte since we both wanted to get some new things for our houses. Sunday we went out to lunch before my mom had to go back to Richmond and I started putting together our new furniture. 

So that was my big 3-0 birthday weekend. I'm thankful I got to spend it with my family, and just relax and enjoy it.

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS