Sunday, December 8, 2013

Moravian Stars and Santa

We've had a nice low key weekend, we'll call it the calm before the storm. We knew this would be our only weekend to do family Christmas things since we are moving to our new house next weekend.
I read an article in the Winston-Salem Journal about fun holiday things to do here, and where to see fun lights. So Friday night we all got in the car and drove around to see some of the lights around town. My favorite was this Moravian star on top of Wake Forest Baptist Hospital. It's huge, 31 feet and just beautiful. Photo Source: Winston Salem Journal

Saturday we took Chloe to see Santa in Old Salem. She didn't sleep well the night before and was kinda tired, and I knew she would probably be scared so I didn't have high expectations.
Walking over the bridge to see Santa, I love all the Moravian stars hanging. They are everywhere this time of year, it's one of my favorite parts of Christmas here so far. 
Chloe loved all the decorations, but Santa not so much. The whole family had to get in. She screamed when she realized I was going to put her in his lap. Oh well. 

One more in her pretty dress! 

Today we tried a new place for lunch and went to Lowe's to get paint samples. Oh, how I have missed having color on my walls! I haven't shared much about the new house on here. I told myself I had to wait until we closed. I guess I almost made it since we close Thursday. We are beyond excited and so ready to be in a permanent home finally. I will definitely share more once we have the keys!


No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS