Friday, April 11, 2014

Anniversary in Asheville

A week ago today we left Chloe with my mom and headed to Asheville. It was such a great trip, a much needed break. We started our trip with lunch at Tupelo Honey. So many people recommended this place to us. It was right in the middle of downtown and was really good. Their biscuits were amazing, so were the goat cheese grits!
Then we checked into the hotel and took a nap. You know you are parents of a toddler when taking a nap is a treat. We got dinner at an Italian place, Travinia by our hotel. It was good, nothing special but it was nice to be able to walk to it. 

We spent Saturday at the Biltmore Estate. They don't let you take pictures inside but it was amazing. 

The gardens were in full bloom and just beautiful. I think this was my favorite part.
The food at the Biltmore was probably my other favorite part. Everything we ate was so good. The vanilla ice cream was probably my favorite.

We ate dinner Saturday at Early Girl back downtown. This was my favorite place (Clarke's was lunch at the Biltmore) . 
We went back early and watched Netflix in bed, the perfect ending, haha. I didn't get any pictures of our breakfast either morning but it was a buffet at the Hilton where we stayed. It was so good! Sunday we came back pretty much right away, I missed Chloe so much!

This was such a great trip. It was nice just to sleep in, eat a nice relaxing meal and spend time together as a couple instead of mom and dad. I'm glad we got to see what all the hype about Asheville and the Biltmore is too, we loved it. 

1 comment:

kelewele said...

Looks like a beautiful trip. I am planning my anniversary trip to Asheville. Your photos of the flowers brought me to your blog. I love gardens. That might convince me to go back to Biltmore.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS