Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Raleigh Rock N Roll Half

This past Sunday I ran in Raleigh. It was hot and hilly, like really hilly. By far the hardest half I've done.
I think this race was different than past ones because honestly I wasn't well prepared. Between the cold weather and being out of town I didn't train as well as I normally do. I think since I knew that mentally I didn't push myself as much as I normally do on race day.
But, I was comparing this half time to my first half ever, and I still came in a little under my original time. So I am becoming a stronger runner I guess.
I ran the first part with Rebecca, she kept pushing me up all those hills!
Other teammates afterwards. Thankful for a great running community here in Winston.
Took this one from my race photos, only decent one. I totally forgot not to look at my garmin as I crossed the finish line, so my head is down in all those pictures, oops! 

I'm glad I did this race, but I'm not sure how excited I am to do another spring half. Looking forward to doing some local 10ks this spring/summer. :) 

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS