Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mother's Day Weekend

I hope everyone had a good Mother's Day. We didn't do much as it was our first weekend at home without commitments or plans in over a month. I got to go for a run, sleep in, and enjoy being with  my family.
This was our weekend: relaxing in a diaper! haha!
Best picture I could get of us, at lunch. Clarke made me pizza on the grill for dinner, it was really good and I didn't have to make it or clean up. It was a low key Mother's Day but it's what I wanted. 

I will also admit being the first Mother's Day away from my mom wasn't easy. I just missed her, and celebrating with her. This year I was also more aware (I don't know why maybe just as I've met more people or as I've gotten older) that it's a painful day for some. Those that have lost their moms, or long to be moms, or have lost a baby. I definitely spent time lifting them up in prayer, wishing I could do more.

Don't want to end this post on a sad note, so I'll share this:
Our children's ministry at church was starting a new series "into the wild" and they had this set up to take pictures, thought it was cute! 

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS