Tuesday, July 1, 2014

House Update: New Home for Grandma's Furniture

It's been awhile since I updated about the house and I've done some fun things (and actually taken pictures) so here is the first of hopefully three house updates. 

Dinning Room Update

We have dinning room furniture now! Back in April my mom sent down my grandma's dinning room furniture with movers. She downsized and when we bought this house she asked if we wanted my grandma's dinning room furniture since it didn't work in her new house. It fits perfectly here and we love it.
The chairs had pink seashell fabric on them, which wasn't really my taste. I recovered them with fabric I got at Hobby Lobby, which was actually really easy. I absolutely love them. 
It still needs a rug, I wanna change the hardware and I'm thinking of painting the table top black. But for right now I'm really happy with it. I love the fact that it's been passed down through 3 generations. I remember growing up with this furniture in our dinning room, eating many Christmas and Thanksgiving meals around this table, it definitely makes our house feel like a home. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the look of your dining room! The color palette looks pristine and elegant and that set is just gorgeous. You are one lucky lady to have such great hand-me-down furniture. Anyway, I also like the small accents that completed the whole dining room. I do hope that you fill that new and updated room with lots of fun and precious memories. All the best!

Arthur Bryant @ Contractor Express

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS