Sunday, December 7, 2014

Mistletoe Half Marathon

Confession: I've been living in Winston for about a year and a half and I had never run in a local race. 

I've trained here, ran through many different routes through downtown, Salem Lake, Buena Vista, the Muddy Creek Greenway and all around my neighborhood. But never an official race, and I felt like I just needed to. With training for the half I couldn't get around to running a summer or fall race so I decided to do Mistletoe. It's a fun, smaller local half that everyone is always talking about. I thought since I already did the training for Richmond why not? 
 I was excited. Until I saw the forecast, 80% chance of rain. The high was 58 so I thought at least it won't be cold. But, the rain held off. Around mile 4 it started drizzling, and it did off and on the entire race. Since it wasn't super cold it felt fine. I was so glad because although the course is hilly it goes through some of my favorite parts of Winston and I got to enjoy it. We had fun along the way because we ran this race with the premise of not caring about our times. We treated it like a training run. We always joke on longer training runs that we deserve a medal, so we finally got one.
After the race we tried a new restaurant, and it was so good. Chloe's just like her parents, she loved the chips and salsa. 
And just for fun I put this collage together. This was my third half of the year, it's been a good year of racing! 




No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS