Monday, April 20, 2015

On Embracing Change

I came across this article the other day about c-section mamas and it made me think (okay maybe get a little teary eyed too), especially this part...

Some c-section mamas have weeks to mentally prepare for a change in their plans, but many only have days, hours, or minutes. Suddenly, everything she envisioned when meeting her child has changed. Her birth plan has been thrown out the window. Surgery lies before her. She doesnt know how long shell have to wait after birth before she holds her baby in her arms.

My plans did change that day I gave birth to Chloe. A c-section was the last thing I had in mind. And ever since then life has not been what I expected. I never thought I would move to a different state with a 7 month old. But, what an adventure it's been. I've stepped out of my comfort zone, met so many new people and grown so much as a person and mother. I never thought I would be a person who would one day embrace change, yet from that day in the operating room I've been doing it. 

I've written a few posts about how Chloe's birth has changed me, and I since our 2 year anniversary of moving to Winston-Salem is coming up I guess it makes me sentimental. I've still got a long way to go, but I love seeing how God has prepared me for greater things. This girl who was once such a planner is giving up so many preconceived notions about what life has to be, and timetables and comfortable things. 

I'm not sure if my ramblings all make sense, but one day they will. A c-section wasn't my plan, moving to North Carolina wasn't either, yet I'm really at a place where I can say I'm thankful for both.   So here's to whatever God has for the future, trusting in his timing and plans, and willingly letting go of mine. 

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS