Sunday, February 14, 2010

Olympic Love

Me and Clarke are really enjoying the Olympics this Valentine weekend. It seems we can't turn it off since the opening ceremony on Friday night (which was amazing).
opening ceremony

I love all the stories about the athletes who have overcome so much and have finally succeeded. Maybe it's because my pastor is doing a series about comebacks and overcoming obstacles and setbacks in life. Either way I find it inspiring.

One of my favorites is Hannah Kearney, an American skier who in 2006 didn't even make it to the finals. Last night she won the gold!

Another is JR Celski, an American speed skater. After a bad crash back in September most thought he would never skate again. Last night he won the bronze!

Tonight the figure skating starts, which is by far one of my favorite events. Can't wait!!

1 comment:

The Rigelsky Family said...

OLYMPICS!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOHOOOO

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS