Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Raleigh

This past weekend Chloe had her first road trip. I must say she did so good being away from home for the first time and sleeping in a strange place. Unfortunately the reason for the visit wasn't a good one, we had a death in the family and attended the funeral and visited family in Raleigh, North Carolina.
We snapped this photo at a rest stop right before Chloe left Virginia for the first time. 
I had to take a picture of her at the hotel. She slept in the pack n' play and really did well. She had so much stimulation during the day, with all the family and people around, and went to bed past her bedtime both nights, I was proud of her.
The funeral was really beautiful. It was my mother-in-law's cousin, Virgil, who passed away after complications from his heart surgery. There were so many people there, and it really touched me to see how much of an impact his life had on so many. Going to something like that really makes you think about things differently. 
Now that I know Chloe is a good little traveler I wanna take her on some more trips. Looking forward to going more places for better reasons in the future. 

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS