Saturday, March 30, 2013

He is Risen

I think it's always easy to get wrapped up in all the fun things about Easter, and with children I've found it's even easier. Like this.............
Sometimes I can't get over how cute she is! But I digress, the real reason for Easter. At my Mops group we were talking about how nice the Christmas story is, but the Easter story isn't as nice and pretty. It's hard to think about all the pain and suffering Jesus went through. But the fact that He overcame all of that makes it even more incredible. And the fact that He went through all of that for us, makes it the most incredible thing of it all. The fact that he was innocent, didn't deserve any of what He went though but did so that we could be forgiven. He died on the cross so that our sins could be forgiven. And Easter is the glorious part of the story, the part when he overcomes death and rises from the tomb. 

But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.
Isaiah 53:5

I love this verse, because it paints such a clear picture of what Easter is really about. By His wounds we are healed and brought peace. As much as I love the adorable baby clothes and yummy candy that comes with Easter I love what Jesus did on that cross even more. 

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS