Wednesday, November 27, 2013

A Thankful Heart

Every year I write a post around Thanksgiving, counting my blessings and giving thanks. And I am still so very thankful for all those same things. Jesus, my family, friends, my health, the necessities in life, i.e. a place to live, car to drive, food to eat, etc. After a year of being a mom I will add some new things to that list, i.e. my membership to the YMCA and the childcare workers who love on my baby while I work out and relieve some stress. Coffee, I never thought that would be on my list but it is! 

Moving to a new state, new city, new place has really taught me how thankful I am for the many blessings in my life. For example, I've really understood the value of friendships. I had lots of friends in Richmond, and I'm making new friends here but it takes time. It makes me so happy that we have someone to have a playdate with this afternoon, because it can be lonely when you don't have any other mom friends to relate to. Or my faith. My faith has definitely grown since moving. There were so many unknowns about this move and God has been more than faithful to guide us, especially in the whole house hunting thing and with a new church community.
And this one. My Chloe Mae. A year ago I was so thankful for modern medicine, the doctors and nurses which allowed me to have a c-section and deliver her safely. I still am, and even more so. I'm sure every parent agrees your love grows and grows each year. I am so thankful I get to be her mom.
I try to thank God every day for my blessings. I do believe it's like going to the gym, if you do it once a year it doesn't really do anything. So this post was kinda all over the place with my thoughts this year, but I will end with this:

I know I don't deserve the life I am living, but God has blessed me with it. Thankful God is so good. 

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS