Monday, August 30, 2010

A Fond Farewell

Goodbye All Fired Up, you've been so good to me. I am not the same person I was 2 years ago, when I first walked in those doors to get an application. I've grown a lot and learned so much in the process, and you helped me to do that.
I didn't realize how much I didn't even know, about kilns and clay and ceramics. Thank you for all that you've taught me. About teaching art and children and who I am. And thank you for helping me to become who I want to be. You have helped me to get there.
Thank you for not giving up on me, even when I made mistakes. After my first student teaching experience I doubted my abilities as a teacher, especially when working with younger students. But you never doubted me, always said "yes you can", and dispite my insecurities you made me teach those classes, and it helped me to regain confidence in myself.
I can look back and see this is where I needed to be for the past two years. But, it's time to move on. This chapter is over now. I worked my last day today, unloaded my last kiln and helped my last customer.
So thank you. Thank you so much All Fired Up for everything you have taught me and helped me to become. I am glad that God has used you in my life.

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS