Wednesday, December 22, 2010

New York, Part 2

We woke up early Monday morning, ready to explore more of the city. First stop was Frank Gehry's IAC Building. Ever since I found out he had designed a building in NYC I wanted to see it.
I must say, it seemed much bigger in pictures, but I loved it. I also got to see Jean Nouvel's condos, which are right next door. How cool would it be to live here?
Both are amazing buildings, designed by some of my favorite architects.
So glad I got to see these incredible buildings.
Next stop was Frank Lloyd Wright's Guggenheim Museum. I had been to this building before, but it was under renovation and there was scaffolding all over it. So I wanted to stop by really quick so I could see the outside in its full glory! I was a happy girl, three amazing buildings in one morning.
Our last stop was the Museum of Modern Art. I really enjoyed this to say the least.
Mark Rothko. I was in heaven.
We ate lunch in the Cafe of the museum. They had really yummy Italian food. Of course I had to take a picture of our food!
Elizabeth Murray. This picture doesn't do it justice.

And that was our trip! After the moma we drove 6 hours home. We were exhausted when we got home, but Clarke took yesterday off work, so he got to relax and catch up on his sleep too.

Overall it was such a fun trip. We were so busy, but we got to see and do so much. We loved NYC!

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS