Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pre Race Thoughts

"As is true with life and in the run-if you are willing to pay the price that others will not-you will reap the benefits that others will not"

I have put in over 400 miles since I officially started training in June. I feel so ready for this marathon. I may have shared this quote before, but I really love it. I love how running echos real life in that way. What you put into it is what you get out of it. Early mornings, hard training runs, sacrifice, and hard work have gone into this marathon. And now it's time to celebrate. Time to enjoy the race and reap the benefits of my training. I am so ready for this.

"Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together."
-Vincent Van Gogh

I want to thank my husband Clarke. I couldn't have made it this far without his love and support. So many times I heard from teammates about spouses who didn't understand, didn't support and didn't care. I always knew he believed in me, was cheering for me and most importantly supported me in this crazy dream to run a marathon. So thank you Clarke, I love you.

"All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney

On a lighter note I went to the expo on Thursday right when it opened. I couldn't wait to get my shirt, and I bought a bunch of stickers. Now I just have to decide where to put all of them! Oh, and I also registered for Rock N Roll Half Marathon in DC. I had been debating between this one and Shamrock. I decided on this one because I figure I can run Rock N Roll Va. Beach in the summer. I also got a discount for registering at the expo, so yay!

"The music of the marathon is a powerful strain, the most important tune is glory. It asks us to forsake pleasure, to discipline the body, to find courage, to renew faith, and to become one's own person utterly and completely" -George Sheehan

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS