Friday, October 26, 2012

Faith Over Fear

So I'm almost 38 weeks pregnant and I've gotten to the point of really being ready to meet my baby girl! I had my weekly doctor's appointment yesterday and she said my body is really getting ready for labor, I was thrilled. Now with every cramp or contraction I think "this could be it!" so far it hasn't been. 

I've come to accept that I can't control so many parts of giving birth, I must cling to the one constant which is that God is in control. He will decide when I go into labor, how our baby girl comes into this world and all the details in between. I have a peace about this now, there are times I still struggle with wanting to know more, but I remind myself to just trust. Have faith, because faith is the opposite of fear, and I am done being fearful about this whole process. 

I've given this to God because I admit to holding onto it for way too long.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6

I haven't struggled with anxiety like this since college, anxiety about giving birth. But like I just typed I am done with it. I am choosing faith. I'm not going to let the devil rob me of the joy of becoming a mom, because that's what it is.

For I am the Lord your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, do not fear, I will help you. Isaiah 41:13

God has made so many promises in the bible about how he helps his people. So it doesn't matter when I go into labor, how exactly everything falls into place and how our baby comes into this world, God already knows all of that. 

To end on a lighter note, and because every post is better with a picture, here is the baby bump, I can barely see my bellybutton now. 
Thankful for God's faithfulness to me throughout this entire pregnancy!

Linking up over at: Faith Filled Friday and Friday Faves

3 comments:

Nichole said...

Wow. I never thought of it like this: "I'm not going to let the devil rob me of the joy of becoming a mom". But that's the truth. There is a reasonable amount of anxiety that comes with doing something HUGE and NEW and painful, but dreading it/trying not to think about it is taking away from the awesomeness of becoming a mom! Thanks for these words of wisdom!

Nichole
www.iloveuthree.blogspot.com

Angel said...

You are doing the right thing to allow the WORD to soothe your anxiety. He is our strength. Blessings to you. And congratulations!

Mary Reed said...

By using the word of God, you're doing a wonderful job of putting satan in his place and keeping fear at bay! Having the first child is such a big unknown... Oh, but God knows every little detain... He's got you covered!

(love your beautiful baby bump!)
Mary@WomantoWoman
www.marywomantowoman.blogspot.com

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS