Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Rice Cereal, Peanut Butter and Bananas

Recently Chloe has started eating solids! At first she had no interest, which I was fine with because she is still nursing 5 times a day and once at night. But recently she has started actually eating some and it's pretty exciting, and adorable if I might add.
We started with rice cereal, I mixed it with some grape juice because recently I had to give her some infant advil which was grape flavored and she loved it. But the rice cereal not so much. We tried peanut butter and that was a big hit. 
I mushed up some bananas and she seemed to like those. We have given her some mashed potatoes as well and she really liked them too. 
Sometimes she just has fun playing with it too!
The high chair is still too big so I put a pillow behind her, that seemed to work well. I'll also add I think I got the right consistency of juice and rice cereal because she seemed to really enjoy it tonight for the first time! Empty bowl! 

I am loving watching her experience real food, and the pediatrician said it might help her sleep better at night, I hope so!!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Yay! Introducing solids is so fun! I hope they help her sleep more, it never worked for Landon lol

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS