Sunday, May 5, 2013

2 houses and a chair

Since we are moving to North Carolina we put our house on the market to sell about 2 weeks ago.
This has been such a great home for us over the past 3 years and it was really a hard thing to do. We knew this would never be our "forever" house as it only has one full bath, but we never thought we would be selling it so soon.
We had our house professionally photographed and I love how all the pictures turned out.
Our house has been on the market for 2 weeks now, and we've had 10 showings so far. We are just waiting for that offer to come in now, although it really is going to be bittersweet saying goodbye.


Onto house 2, my mom officially sold our childhood home a little over a week ago. This was also hard saying goodbye.
This house has 20 years worth of memories in it. From birthday parties to my bridal and baby shower, so many holidays, both good and bad and everything in between. I remember reading my acceptance letter to JMU at the mailbox,  planting flowers in the backyard with friends, playing on our swing set, countless sleepovers, practicing gymnastics routines in the huge room above the garage, getting ready for my wedding, family dinners and most recently playing with Chloe there. This house will always be where so many wonderful things happened for me as I was growing up.
I love this house, but it was definitely time for my mom to sell it. A 5 bedroom house is way too much for one person. Thankful for the time I got to spend there.


And now the chair. This was Clarke's highchair when he was a baby, I thought it was really cute but wanted to add some color to it.
I was inspired by young house love's yellow high chair, so I went to Lowe's and got some yellow spray paint and started spraying away. I love how it turned out!
It's hard to believe that Chloe will actually be using this soon.


So there you have it: 2 houses and a chair. :)

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS