Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Clean Up Crew

I couldn't believe how cold it was this morning. I woke up early for a Saturday morning and me and Clarke headed off to volunteer with our church. There was a group of about a hundred of us, all gathered to help out various people in our community. We went to 13 different homes and did yard work for those who could not do it themselves. The house I was at was owned by a single mother of four who worked and went to school full time. I couldn't imagine being in her shoes. I should have taken a before and after picture, it was amazing how much we got done in a couple hours. We raked up leaves, cleaned gutters, got rid of trash, trimmed the hedges, etc. It probably hadn't been done in years. I think I counted about 25 bags of leaves by the time we finished.

My group (pictured below) was great. I am always reminded of how lucky I am to belong to Richmond Community Church. It's not your ordinary church, it's modern and full of young people who are involved. All the pastors are great, their leadership has made it a wonderful place to be a part of. I was reminded of this as I worked with Pastor Rick today. I am so thankful for the opportunity to serve today, and to be reminded of how blessed I am as well.


Pictured Left to Right: Shelley, Clarke, Melanie, Kerry, Me, John and his Daughters, Casey, Michelle and Pastor Rick. Bottom: Lucas, Home Owner's Little Girl and Colin.

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS