Monday, March 29, 2010

Oh My!

Well, I finally did it. I registered to take the Praxis 2 to get certified to teach French!

On April 24 I will take it!

I am sooooo nervous already.

Yesterday morning on the way to work I was thinking about how God has weaved different events into my life to lead me here. It was obvious with art, how that has changed my life when I was in college. But my love of the French language started when I was in middle school. I took my first French class and loved it from the start. I remember being surprised when I was accepted into the French Immersion Program at my high school, by my senior year I remember wondering why I worked so hard to complete it when I didn't have any strong desire to study French in college. Although I did take some French classes in college it didn't speak to me the way art did while I was at JMU. It wasn't until I went on my honeymoon to Martinique. We loved the idea of the French culture on a tropical island.
Makes me want to go back!

While we were there I remembered what I loved about the French language and culture. I am loving this idea of teaching art and French now.

Please pray for me, I feel like satan has really been attacking me, making me fearful of this whole process. Please pray that I would find time to study as we are moving, and that I would continue to trust in God about the school where I know one day I will be teaching.

Now I am off to the library to start studying!

1 comment:

Meagan Frank said...

Good for you! I read your previous post about your trepidation with the idea of teaching French when art is your passion, and I have to tell you that my French teacher taught me so much about art. There are so many fabulous French artists, and she was able to bring it alive for us. Congrats on the decision to go for it...I am sure you won't regret it. Good luck with the job search and Happy 1st Anniversary!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS