Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Our Day in Seattle

We woke up Monday morning ready to explore Seattle. First we walked across the street to check out the Seattle Public Library.
I really wanted to see this building, not only because it's a great piece of modern architecture and I love modern architecture, but because it was designed by Rem Koolhas, who was the first architect I studied in design school.
This was by far the neatest library I've ever been in. I would love to spend a day just reading here.
Afterwards we walked a few blocks down to Pike Place Market. This was my favorite part of Seattle. It was such a cute and fun farmer's market, and there was so much fresh food everywhere!
Seriously, anything you could have wanted to eat was there. From fresh veggies and fruit to pastries and cheese. We had such a great time walking around and checking all the cute booths and stores out, including the first Starbucks.
My favorite lunch of the week was here. I ate Beecher's famous macaroni and cheese. You can find the recipe here, seriously it is so good! We got our lunch and ate it at a cute little park nearby.
And I got a coke in a glass bottle, enjoyed this view, I was in heaven!
The weather was really nice that day. It was sunny, in the 60s and no rain, perfect for just walking around.
After Pike Place Market we took the monorail over to the Space Needle.
We didn't go up, but just walked all around and checked out all the neat buildings and fountains.
This really cool building, Experience Music Project, was nearby and I loved the wavyness to it. After almost 6 hours of walking and exploring we were ready to take a break, so we headed back to the hotel. We didn't have any dinner plans so we just ordered in and relaxed. Overall we had a great day in Seattle, it's such a fun city!

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS