Thursday, December 20, 2012

Two Thoughts

I've had these thoughts in my mind for awhile and I'm just now putting them down here. Two different thoughts.......

1. Much like everyone else the recent shooting in Connecticut has made me aware of how thankful I am for the people in my life and that tomorrow is not a promise. I am blessed that my baby is safe and healthy. As an educator and parent I can't even imagine what that community is going through right now. I can't even imagine the pain of losing a child. 

I think also my recent birth experience has added to this feeling.  My entire pregnancy I thought I would have a "typical" birth with no complications. I never fathomed I would have such a hard time. But this has made me aware that nothing is guaranteed. I got lucky with how things turned out, and everyday I try to remember that. 

2. On a lighter note I go tomorrow for my six week postpartum check up. I am really hoping my dr. will clear me to start running again. It's been almost 10 months since my last run, and to say I've missed it is an understatement. Saw this on Facebook and thought it describes me perfectly!  

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Can't believe it's already been 6 weeks! I'm sure the doctor will clear you (at least for light jogging at first). I know how it feels to be antsy to get back to normal life, even though I'm not a runner.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS