Friday, December 11, 2009

The Christmas Spritz

One of my favorite Christmas traditions is baking spritz cookies with my mom. It was never really Christmas to me until I ate one of them. They are pretty easy to make, and I just made a batch today.


I love how they are so colorful! Here is the recipe below:

Christmas Spritz Cookies:

1 cup butter

1/2 cup sugar

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 egg

1 teaspoon vanilla

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Cream butter and sugar. Blend in remaining ingredients. Divide dough into desired parts; add food coloring and blend till reaching desired color. Fill cookie press with 1/4 of dough at a time; form desired shapes on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 6 minutes or until set but not brown.
 
Enjoy! For more great christmas recipes visit: Kelly's Korner.

1 comment:

mrs boo radley said...

These totally remind me of my childhood!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS