Monday, December 28, 2009

One Year Older


I'm officially 26 years old now. For some reason 26 seems so much older than 25, maybe because its closer to 30. When I was younger I had an image in my head of what my life should look like by the time I was this age. And although it doesn't I am still pretty happy about where I am. I have come to realize that putting a time limit on my goals can be a good thing, but that sometimes there are circumstances that are out of my control which can effect them. (Mainly the economy). That doesn't mean I am going to give up. My pastor recently gave a sermon about waiting, and he said that it is a cultural thing to think that we need a certain job, or marriage, or a house by the time we are a certain age. I think he is right.

So with that said I am ready for another year of my life. I am hoping to have a full time teaching job by this time next year, but I know that is ultimately up to God. So here's to another year, I am going to make the most of it.

1 comment:

Patricia Hannigan said...

Happy Birthday!!!

26? What an AWESOME age to be! Enjoy every minute.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS