Tuesday, December 8, 2009

God is Big

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” ~John 16:33

I truly believe that God is big. He is bigger than the economy; He is bigger than me and you. He does things that we thought would never happen, could never happen. I have seen it in my life, so many times already, and I am waiting for it to happen again.

I am in a season of waiting right now, when it comes to my career. I know God has called me to be a teacher and I am not settling for anything less. I know finding a job is not going to be easy, but the journey to getting my teaching license was not easy either. God has made it clear that He will always provide for us, take care of His people, but we must be willing to take the risk and wait. There it is, risk and wait. Who wants to do that? I know I don’t, but I know the end results that come from those two things and so with God’s help I move forward and take risks and wait.

I take risks when I substitute. I am a person who likes schedules, knowing what is going to happen and when. I hate the unknown of subbing. I don’t know what I will be doing, I don’t know when I will be eating lunch, and worse of all I don’t know how the students will behavior. I have been doing a lot of subbing at a semi-challenging middle school lately. Sometimes the students are great, and last time I had to call an administrator. But, everyone says subbing is the key in, and I am making great contacts, so with God’s help I forge on.

I am waiting. I am waiting for God to give me an opportunity. I am waiting for God to show me where I need to be. Waiting is so hard, but I can already see how God is using this time to work in me and orchestrate things. In Isaiah 40:28-31 it talks about waiting. Specifically how God gives you strength that you couldn’t have obtained otherwise and how you gain new and much needed perspective while you wait. I can see both those things happening in my life now.

I am thankful for the many blessings God has already given me in my life, and I am thankful for the ones I know He is going to give me as well. But, most of all I am thankful I serve a God who is Bigger than this world.

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS