Thursday, July 29, 2010

Extreme Days 2010

This week I have been volunteering at my church, helping with Extreme Days, our version of vacation bible school. It has been fun, exciting and exhausting.
Our theme for the week has been hero. We have been talking about different themes that heros and Jesus stand for.
Opening session praise and worship. We had over 200 kids this year!
Awesome stage.
Pastor Kevin and Pastor Alan giving a lesson.
One of the many messy games they got to play.
They had 7 different extreme classes they could take. I was in charge of the karate group.

We had a bunch of inner city kids come from the YMCA and Richmond police department. This was especially neat because most of these kids have never even been in a church before.

I am so tired, and there is one day left. But, despite my lack of sleep I am so happy I did this. It was an experience I will never forget.

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS