Friday, November 19, 2010

An Authentic Community

My small group bible study on Wednesday nights is always such a bright spot in my week. I always look forward to it. Someone recently posted on our facebook page that they were thankful for this group, that it was an authentic community. That made my heart so happy.

Some people in our group have recently been going through some tough times, and they have shared that with the rest of us. I was so happy that they felt comfortable enough to do so. I think so many times in life we want people to think of us in a certain light, to not know what we are really struggling with or going through. But that's not the case here. We are real and honest with one another.

I also love to see how far this group has come. We started with barely anyone coming, and now it is a real community, with love, and friendships and it is good.
Some of us from the group. We went camping in early September.

With Thanksgiving coming up, it makes you think about what you are thankful for. I am thankful for this group, my "church family". An authentic community.

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS