Saturday, January 8, 2011

Europe and A Baby

Note: I am not pregnant, not planning on getting pregnant right now, nor will I be in the next year. For all of those who may have gasped when reading that title...you can breathe....lol. Now onto the real post:

I love to plan. Love to think about things I want to do with my life. Big things. Like what it will be like when I become a teacher, or what a certain place will be like when I get to travel there, or what it will be like when I am a mommy. It's part of the way God designed me, part of who I am. And I love that about me.

So back to the title of this post.......me and Clarke were talking the other night about traveling, where we want to go this year. If we won the lottery we would def. go to Europe. It's the last big thing we want to do before having kids. We have been extremely blessed with good jobs, it's been almost a year since we bought our house (that was a big dream for us) and we have wonderful friends and family. So one would think we are ready for a baby. But there is something in me that isn't ready to settle down just yet.......

There is something in me that screams, "go to Colorado and visit your cousin, see those beautiful mountains for real" or "go see that friend down in New Orleans, Clarke has never been and would absolutely love it" or "Just get in the car and go see that building in Western Pennsylvania, you've been wanting to go for years now" Something that is saying "the baby can wait, the travels and adventures can't."

I think about all the amazing places I have had the privilege to visit. I spent a summer in Lake Tahoe, California during college. I was an exchange student in France one summer in high school. I have been to Hawaii, Belize, the Caribbean, and all over the US. I am blessed!

People always ask "when are you gonna have a baby?" It's the next big step for us. But we are not ready. Not right now. Sometimes I wish they would ask "When are you going to Europe?" But I would have the same answer for them, probably sometime in 2012, but really we don't know?

And I wish I knew. It goes back to that planning part of who I am. The part that wants it all laid out.

But that's not how life is. Not how God designed it, and for a good reason. So, here I am, visiting sites like Expedia or Orbitz or Kayak pricing airfare on various destinations. Dreaming of far away places. I have no idea where our travels will take us before we do have children, but I can't wait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Europe! We both have that travel itch. Where in Europe do you want to go?

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS