Sunday, January 30, 2011

Making Sense Of It All

"The very things that hold you down are going to lift you up."
~ Timothy Mouse from Dumbo

I first wanted to thank everyone for your sweet emails and facebook messages. I didn''t even know you read this little blog! It really meant so much to me.

Since my last post I am feeling better. I finally talked to human resources and they explained that since I am already an hourly employee they would have to pay me overtime if I coached as well. Since teachers are paid a salary they are exempt from overtime, so they can coach as well. Federal law required they pay me time and a half if I worked more than 40 hours (which I would if I coached) since I am hourly. I just wish they told me that when they hired me 3 months ago, oh well.

But, to the point of this post. I love that quote above, yes it is from Dumbo. I saw it on a little sign in Hallmark awhile ago, and it actually reminded me of my students.

I still believe God is in this, somehow. I don't understand, and that's hard. I know somehow He is working, and He is still in control, and that is good. I still believe He has called me to be a teacher, and I will get there one day.

I never want to miss out on the good things God has for me. I honestly think a lot of people do. I think they get so upset because things don't turn out how they wanted, and they focus on what they don't have, they miss out on the blessings and the other great things God has for them.

Despite my bad week at work, I still love my job. I love my students, and I am blessed to work with such caring people. When I got the call about not being able to coach I started sobbing. I was at work. One of my students (who gives the best hugs) gave me the biggest hug and just smiled at me. Of course she didn't understand why I was so upset, but she knew a hug would somehow help. One of my coworkers gave me a big hug and everyone said nice uplifting things. And I've worked at places before where that would not have happened, nobody would have cared.

I know one day I will look back and understand, even if that is when I get to heaven. I still want to teach, and I'm not ready to give up on that.

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS