Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Attitude and Gratitude

I have recently been reminded of the importance of my thoughts. The way I chose to think about things, the way I decide to look at the world. It's my choice alone, nobody can make me have a certain outlook, in the same way I can't control other people's thoughts and outlook as well.

It all comes down to your attitude. They say life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% how we react to it. And that is so true. I know people who are "debbie downers" and complain, yet they have so much, and really their situation isn't that bad. I know people who are really going through hard trials and yet have so much joy. And it all comes down to the way they choose to perceive their circumstances.

It all comes down to gratitude. Being thankful for what you do have, and appreciating your blessings. Seeing that the glass is half full, instead of focusing on the empty part. So many people miss out on the many blessings in their life and don't fully enjoy them because they think they need something more to really be happy. All they can see is the empty part of the glass, and they miss out on what's already there.

I am a glass is half full kind of girl. I am blessed. And that is my attitude.

"Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens. "
~ Kahlil Gibran

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS