Saturday, September 17, 2011

Kitchen Lighting

So about a month ago I purchased a new light for over the kitchen table. This has been on my never ending to do list for the house since we moved in. I was so excited when it came in the mail, so was Betty.
So here is the before. I actually remembered to take a picture this time. I hated how it wasn't centered over the table.
I had to figure out a way to "swag" the light to make it center over the kitchen table since the outlet wasn't. So after much brainstorming I went to Lowe's, bought some chain and strung it threw the cord. (The light didn't come with a chain, just a chord which wouldn't stay on the hook centered over the table.) I was so proud of myself for finding a way to make it work. So my mom came over and we took down the old light, screwed in the hook, and figured out how to install the new light. We finally got it up right, centered, etc. but no light, it wouldn't work. So I had to send it back in the mail and the new one finally came on Thursday. I am so happy to say it's up and I love it, oh yeah and it works!
Here is the new light. I didn't realize Betty was on the table when I snapped the photo.
I love how it looks at night, all lit up. And also up close.
I am so happy to get this light up, and finally just enjoy it!!

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS