Wednesday, December 21, 2011

God's Timing

I know the holidays always make people think about their past year and the upcoming new year. I am the same way, especially since my birthday is at the end of the year as well. But this year seems a little different. I always would think about where I want to be at this time next year, but strangley I don't find myself doing that this year. I think it comes down to one thing I have really embraced this year: God's timing. It's something I have always believed in and trusted, but this is the year I have really started clinging to it.

This is the year I have decided to let go of this timeline I have in my head of when certain things need to happen. (ie: getting a teaching job) It's funny because this has been the year with so many interviews and all of them ending in a no. Yet, despite this I still believe God has called me to teach. And I really believe it more than ever now.

I can feel God working in my life because I have opened myself up to a different outcome than what I originally anticipated. When I started this journey towards becoming a teacher I wanted to teach art. Now, I really believe God has called me to teach special ed. It's crazy, and I really wouldn't have it any other way.

I recently went on an interview to teach special ed, and although I didn't get the position God really used this to show me something. I am passionate about teaching children with special needs. Whether that be children with multiple disabilities or children who are mainstreamed into a regular ed classroom. A couple weeks before I ever applied to that job I met with an old professor at Uof R to talk about their special ed program. She encouraged me to apply to teach special ed on a provisional license. Before I went into that meeting I prayed for God to show me what I should do. Lay it on my heart if this was His path for me. I left that meeting almost crying. It was just one of those times when I felt the Holy Spirit so strongly.

I don't know where that leaves me now. God has been laying other things on my heart besides teaching recently and I feel I need to persue it. But ultimately He is in control of that as well. I think it goes back to timing. I have such a peace about His timing. I don't need to plan where I want to be next year because as long as I persue His will for my life, I'll be exactly where I need to be.

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS