Sunday, January 29, 2012

Where I Need To Be

I saw this on pinterest recently and repinned it. I thought "this is so true about my job."
Yeah, I'm right where God wants me.

This school year has been really different than last year, and it's going to continue to change. Starting this week I won't be working in the same classroom I've been in for the past year and a half. A student moved to another county and I had to say goodbye on Friday, so this classroom doesn't need me anymore. I'm glad I already know all the students I'll be working with and I can say I am already very fond of them.  I've been in and out of their classrooms throughout this year and while I'll miss my current students I am excited to work with these new ones. Thursday was the perfect example. I was walking in the hall and I saw a student from one of the classes I've been helping. He gave me the biggest hug, which is funny cause I really haven't worked with him that much. I was on my way to the pre-K special ed class and when I walked in a little girl says "Hi Mrs. Jenny I've missed you!" Ahhh, it was great. I really was having a hard time with the transition of moving out of my current classroom. But like that quote says, I've ended up where I need to be. I know it's true of the children I'll be working with for the rest of this school year as well as why I'm in special ed and not art.

I wish I knew all the answers, but I see how God is guiding me and showing me piece by piece. In some sense I haven't gone where I intended to go (teaching art) but I have ended up where I needed to be (special ed).

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS