Sunday, May 15, 2011

Life Verse

My pastor says that every christian should have a life verse. A verse that you live your life by, that drives what you do and how you live your life. The bible is full of so many great verses, and there are many that speak to me. And that's why it's been hard for me to pick one to really strive to live by everyday. But I finally have decided on mine:

Luke 12:48

"For those whom much is given, much is required."

I have been blessed. I have been given so many resources, talents and gifts. And I feel that I need to use those for good. Use those gifts to bless others, and to help them.
It's why I love my job. I love helping my students do things they can't do on their own. I love helping them to learn and grow.
It's why I'm involved in my church. I love giving my time to help others grow closer to God.
I love this biblical truth, and strive to live my life remembering what Jesus has already done for me, and what I can do for others.

1 comment:

BeckyJo606 said...

I love that verse! I don't have a life verse, but if I were to choose one, that's what it would be. I think about it all of the time--especially when I am counting my blessings!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS