Thursday, June 16, 2011

bittersweetness

I can't believe tomorrow is the last day of school. Honestly, I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand I am so ready for a break. I've been counting down the days for awhile now and I've been looking forward to summer. But now that it's here, I can't help but feel a little sad.......

I can honestly say that I've truly enjoyed my job this past year. God knew exactly what he was doing when he put me here. I've grown so much as an educator. I've learned so much about special needs children. I didn't even realize how much I didn't know to begin with. I've learned about patience, compassion, and love. I've learned all the words to all the songs in High School Musical 2.....ha!

 I've gained so much confidence in myself this year. (When it comes to teaching this was always something I struggled with.) I've learned that I'm good at working with children with disabilities, and I love it. Really, I love them.

Not knowing where I will be next year is hard because I don't know if this is goodbye to my students or see you later. I know for some it is goodbye, and that's hard. They say your not suppose to get too attached to your students, but I have. It's hard not to when your not just teaching them, but are also taking care of almost all their needs.

Oh, I love them so much. I've enjoyed helping them learn and grow. I've loved seeing them walk better and with more confidence, say new words, make choices, really do anything new. Words can't describe my experience this past school year.

Tomorrow is going to be bittersweet. We all must move on, move forward. I don't know what the future holds for me next year, but I'm so thankful for this past year.

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS