Friday, June 17, 2011

Job Search Updates and Thoughts

Okay, I've been meaning to write a post about the never ending job search so here goes............bullet style:

~I have no clue what I'll be doing next fall. People always ask me and I really don't know. I hate this.

~I have applied to several art teaching positions, got one interview, and still no offers. At first I was upset about this, but I'm starting to be okay with it.

~God has told me that I'm going to be a teacher. No he didn't speak to me in a big loud voice from heaven, but over the past 3.5 years he has made it clear that teaching is one of my callings in life. Because of this I'm praising him for a job as a teacher already.

~I am clinging to this verse: "Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6

~I used to fear wasted time. I feared that every year I wasn't a teacher I was wasting time that I could have been using being an actual teacher. But, I believe God uses every experience to help us become who he wants us to be and this past year is a great example of that.

~I get frustrated sometimes when I think about all the hard work I've put in to get my teaching license in the first place. My first student teaching placement was awful, yet I persevered and finished the program and still I'm not officially using it.

~Sometimes I don't care that I'm not officially using my license. I enjoy being an aide and I love working with special needs children. I am learning so much, and if I'm an aide again next year I will enjoy learning even more.

~I know God has called me to teaching, but sometimes I wonder if it's teaching art? If I love special ed so much maybe God has a future for me as a special ed teacher? There have been several days when I feel he is calling me to this.

~I am reminded of my favorite quote from my pastor "God would rather hurt your feelings than hurt your future." Right now my feelings are kinda hurt from all the rejection that is apart of job searching. But I know God has a specific job out there for me, and if it takes a lot of rejection to get there then so be it. Echoing what I said earlier, if God has called me to teach special ed then I won't be getting an art teaching position this fall. I'm okay with that because I want God's will for my future.

~So although I don't have any concrete answers about where my job search is going I know God is guiding me. He will show me where I need to be. In the mean time I am trusting, well trying to trust, most of the time trusting him.

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS