Thursday, June 23, 2011

waiting and praising you god

So here I am sitting by my phone, like a little school girl after her first date, waiting for that guy to call her. I keep checking, making sure it's working right, it's fully charged and ready to go. I can't even go to the bathroom without taking it with me. I am just waiting, trying to distract myself in any way possible but nothing is working.....

Friday afternoon I got a call for an interview at a school I had applied to well over a month ago. I had written it off because it had been so long. Yesterday morning I interviewed and it actually went well. It's the first time after an interview for an art teaching position that I think I might actually have a shot.

I'm praising God for that. I'm happy that at least things are going in the right direction. At least I'm getting better at this skill. I'm proud of myself for overcoming my fears and deciding what needed to change when I go interview. (My last interview before this one was horrible, totally bombed it.)

I'm praising God that there were 49 applicants for this position. 49!! I looked at the visitors log when I signed in, about 4 or 5 other people interviewed, I was the last. So that puts me in the top 5 or 6 out of 49. That's pretty good.

When I applied if I had known how many other people applied there is no way I would have thought I would even get selected for an interview. God is good, and I know it's because of him I got this far. So it makes me know, if God could make my resume stand out, out of that many others, than God can make me find favor with the principal. God can.

I also know he has a plan for my life, and this job may or may not be part of it. But, I really feel a ease about it all. Of course I want that call from HR offering me this job today. But I also want God's plan. If that means accepting the disappointment of not getting this job I'm okay with that. I will praise you God whatever your plan is. Whatever the outcome may be I know you are in control and I thank you for that. I want to look at the big picture, not just the here and now. So come what may God, I will praise you no matter what.

"Many are the plans in a person’s heart,
but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails. "
~Proverbs 19:21


1 comment:

Melissa said...

Praying that the job works out for you!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS